Who Provides Obstetric Cover?
I am personally able to attend well over 90% of the deliveries of my patients.
There are other situations when I will not be present for your delivery. These include, but are not limited to, your labour and delivery progressing too quickly for me to attend, I am away, I am operating or delivering at another hospital, you transferred to a hospital with a Level 3 nursery for delivery because you go into labour prematurely (<34 weeks gestation) or have a significant pregnancy complication that requires your delivery at <34 weeks gestation.
If your progress in labour is too rapid for me to get to the hospital in time for your delivery or I am temporarily caught up so I can’t attend in time, then the midwife looking after you will do the delivery and I will attend as soon as possible. There is a backup obstetrician the midwives can call to attend if there is need.
If I am not available (e.g. due to a holiday, family commitment, conference, etc.) then I will arrange for an obstetrician colleague to manage my patients while I am away.
Book an appointment now
- Monday all day 9.00am to 4.30pm
- Tuesday all day 9.00am to 4.30pm
- Wednesday all day 9.00am to 4.30pm
- Thursday morning 9.00am to 12.30pm
- Thursday alternate afternoons 2.00pm to 4.30pm
- Friday alternate mornings 9.00am to 1.00pm
- Friday afternoon 2.00pm to 4.30pm
- Saturday mornings 9.30am to 12.00 midday*
*Saturday morning appointments are not available for initial antenatal visit.