The Hospital has advised…
- Support people are ENCOURAGED to remain on hospital grounds for the entire duration.
- If a support person leaves the hospital grounds to go home/shopping etc. they WILL BE required to have a valid negative swab result on their phone before they can return to the unit. We have suggested it may be better to have a swab collected every 48 hours in order to allow 24 hours for a result to be returned. This does not mean they need to have a swab collected every time they leave the hospital. They just need to have a valid swab.
- If a valid swab is not presented access to the unit will be denied.
- A support person welcome to go to front reception and the coffee shop. These people WILL NOT be required to obtain a negative COVID swab every 72 hours in order to gain entry into the unit.
- Your support person can order hospital meals to be delivered to your room. The meal costs are breakfast $11.50, lunch $17.50, dinner $18.50