My previous blog “The cost-of-living crisis is prompting many women to defer having a baby.” has prompted comments and discussion about how women are deferring pregnancies because of current cost of living pressures. That is very sad. When it is on woman’s heart to have a baby, it is tragic to hear that this goal has been put on hold for financial reasons. As a consequence, I have decided to do something radical which should help.
There will be no out of pocket obstetrician expenses for women who have financial need and have their first new antenatal visit with me during the next four months, as long as they have pregnancy cover with their health fund. If they don’t have health fund cover for pregnancy care there will be delivery fee to pay. The delivery fee is usually paid by a health fund.
I have never been price driven with my billing. I was pleased about the popularity of the San Hospital Swaddle program, where there were no gaps for pregnancy care.
While the above measure is not sustainable long term, hopefully this will help a woman to have her very much wanted baby now. Hopefully next year the adverse economic climate being experienced by so many will have improved.
To take advantage of this special “no out of pocket obstetrician expenses” offer …
• You must have your booking pregnancy visit with us before 1st April 2024.
• You must mention this special offer when booking, otherwise our usual fees will be charged.
• You must advise us of the circumstances of your personal current financial hardship.
* This offer is not available for current antenatal patients.
* Whether or not this special offer continues for the full four months will be determined by its popularity.
* This offer only relates fees charged by me, Dr Sykes.
For more information please phone my secretary on 02-96803004